2008-09-29

: bad patterns develop easily ... for me that is :

... here it is 2008-09-29 ... and even MY math says I am posting every 10 days ... Sept 9, Sept 19, Sept 29. Bad news, I'll try to do a little better these next weeks. Maybe I can blame the lack of posting to Dennis' vacation? I've been impressed and encouraged by him ... his experience, wisdom, get stuff done approach. Of course I observed his ministry and leadership at Oaklands all these years, but from a distance. Working closely with him has been a real plus. I also mentioned last Sunday I had a nice, long meandering coffee with John. What a gift he has been to SBF, and continues to be. I was picking his brains on all kinds of positive developments here at Saanichton this last year or so, abd he was great at helping me fill in the blanks, join the dots, add 2+2 and get 4, not 5.5, or 3. I think it is nearly impossible to over-estimate the contribution these two men, and their wives, have made to SBF as this transition rolled out. Personally? while there is still a lot to do, my sense is I am getting to ride on the coattails of the investment John & Joan, and Dennis & Olive, have made over 207-2008. Anyhow, just some Monday morning over a coffee thoughts.

More tangibly, I've been putting some time and energy into figuring out who is leading what, where and why, and who is or isn't on those ministry teams. Those meetings have been great, and we will have a tentative date for a ministry leaders meeting soon. Until then? here's a little visual for you ... not quite an "org chart" but a ministry chart. Basically, trying to answer the question ... 'who's on first?' and maybe tell us 'who's wearing 3 hats?' ...




dlc

No comments: