2008-10-06

: monday morning musings ... or the week that was :

... I decided that, as a picture is worth 1,000 words, I'd use this picture of my desk last week to capture the week that was for you.

I mentioned to a couple of you that it dawned on me recently that, with John Wilton working over in Vancouver now, at Trinity Baptist, and Dennis leading a week of Senior Camp at Imadene, then going on vacation, I've been running around more than usual in their absence! So by way of update ... here's a few things that encouraged me this last few days ...

~ the pastoral candidates pre-interviewing marathon of Friday evening and Saturday. Whew! The Search Team did a great job, and the elders and I got to follow up those interviews with a meal with each candidate. Excellent conversations were had by all!

~ the service yesterday. Introducing and praying for SBF's 2008-2009 youth ministry leadership team was great. Even though we went overtime, hearing Marco & Magreet's story, and calling to First Nation's ministry was profound, unsettling, challenging.

~ the SBF family response to the loss of Wayne Adams. I have seen first hand THIS week how a smaller church kicks into support gear when a family is in crisis, and then grieving. Wayne's memorial service is Friday at 2 pm at Saanichton. Thank you to everyone who has 'been there' for Donna and Mark these difficult days.

Well, I have to run, but that's a small 'snapshot' of my busy, full rewarding week.

dlc

ps. while still basic, we do have an SBF website back up, thanks to Jonah and a few helpers ( Barry, Steve, others ). You can find it at : www.saanichtonbiblefellowship.org

No comments: